Friday, July 12, 2013

Announcing Unsolicited Advice, Marital Edition

   You loooooovve receiving unsolicited advice, right? Especially about really important parts of life, like marriage? You love it when virtual strangers tell you what you're doing wrong and how you can do it better, just like them, right? You basically do cartwheels when this happens? Thought so. And do I have a treat for you.

   Handsome and I are on the brink of celebrating our twelfth (FYI Margi I spelled that right the first time) wedding anniversary. And along the vein of how I celebrated my 39th birthday a few months ago, when I so generously burdened you fine souls with thirty-nine pieces of unsolicited life advice... In case you missed it, you can read Part One,  Part Two, and Part Three here... This week Handsome and I will be giving you twelve pieces of Unsolicited Marital Advice. Each. So that's twenty-four nuggets of wisdom you didn't even know you needed. For free.

   I know. It's generous of us. Just hold your applause until the end, ok?

   The advice is forthcoming. In the mean time, I would just like to say in an official capacity that I desperately wish summertime would slow down. Like, seriously.

  • I want more months in the garden, just like this. 
  • I want more afternoons in the pool. 
  • I want more sunsets at nine p.m. 
  • More time with friends. 
  • More books read slowly in the hammock. 
  • More romance. 
  • More freedom. 
  • More road trips and frivolous adventures.
  • More basil. 
  • Sunburns. 
  • Blockbuster movies.
  • More of letting my hair dry naturally and then definitely not hot-rolling it. 
  • More of that smell of Handsome working on his cars in the sun. 
  • More sweaty horses. 



   I am madly in love with Summer 2013 for a million reasons. 

   Okay, fine friends. I hope you have a luscious day set up for yourselves, with a stellar weekend to follow. I hope your heartaches are manageable, your fears easily surrendered to Love. I hope you have all the energy and motivation you need to chase your dreams. Not tomorrow. Today.

   Stay tuned for Unsolicited Marital Advice!

"Be in love with your life.
 Every minute of it."
 ~Jack Kerouac
 xoxoxoxo


3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear what advice you have to give us!!! You two seem so happy and in love, we can all learn a thing or two from you I'm sure.

    As for summer.....I wish for another month of it - two months is not long enough for this Canadian girl. I also wish for more chances to go to the beach.....haven't done that yet this year - maybe next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Marie! I totally agree with your wishlist except for the sunburns! Can't wait to hear the forthcoming advice! :) I know it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for commenting! I love hearing from people. It's the best. I have recently added word verification, a necessary annoyance. Have a wonderful day!

pinnable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...