Handsome and I are on the brink of celebrating our twelfth (FYI Margi I spelled that right the first time) wedding anniversary. And along the vein of how I celebrated my 39th birthday a few months ago, when I so generously burdened you fine souls with thirty-nine pieces of unsolicited life advice... In case you missed it, you can read Part One, Part Two, and Part Three here... This week Handsome and I will be giving you twelve pieces of Unsolicited Marital Advice. Each. So that's twenty-four nuggets of wisdom you didn't even know you needed. For free.
I know. It's generous of us. Just hold your applause until the end, ok?
The advice is forthcoming. In the mean time, I would just like to say in an official capacity that I desperately wish summertime would slow down. Like, seriously.
- I want more months in the garden, just like this.
- I want more afternoons in the pool.
- I want more sunsets at nine p.m.
- More time with friends.
- More books read slowly in the hammock.
- More romance.
- More freedom.
- More road trips and frivolous adventures.
- More basil.
- Blockbuster movies.
- More of letting my hair dry naturally and then definitely not hot-rolling it.
- More of that smell of Handsome working on his cars in the sun.
- More sweaty horses.
I am madly in love with Summer 2013 for a million reasons.
Okay, fine friends. I hope you have a luscious day set up for yourselves, with a stellar weekend to follow. I hope your heartaches are manageable, your fears easily surrendered to Love. I hope you have all the energy and motivation you need to chase your dreams. Not tomorrow. Today.
Stay tuned for Unsolicited Marital Advice!
"Be in love with your life.
Every minute of it."