The past seven days have been emotional and busy on every front,
and midweek I thought I would just skip Joy Pockets
altogether because it would just feel phony.
Thankfully, mercifully, legitimate joy
burned through that fog pretty quickly.
1. Drive In: Going to the old-fashioned triple-feature drive in movies with Handsome and seeing a comet at dusk. The flicks showing that night were all really good, too, and I stayed awake through to the end. First time ever in my life.
2. Naptime: Falling asleep outside in the sunshine and waking up to our biggest horse nuzzling my bare feet with his whiskery, velvety face. He sniffed my calves and looked at me super cute, probably wondering if I was dead. That happened twice this week, and it was downright magical. It gave me the feeling of cuddling with a baby. A 1200-pound baby, but still.
3. Lake Fun: Playing at the lake with two cool and awesome friends last Saturday afternoon. Eating too big of a hamburger at the dockside restaurant but then burning it off just by laughing like a crazy person. Riding the wave runner until we were out of gas on the water. Literally. And then the girl half of those friends taking multiple photos of together, sensing my apprehension, and her having mercy by N-O-T putting them on Facebook, because she is very pretty and I take very weird posed face pictures for some reason.
4. Affection: Hearing a beloved young nephew call us by name using also our titles, "Aunt" and "Uncle." For some reason, this gesture in his sweet little boy voice melted my heart.
5. Victory Over Myself: Returning a very tall stack of borrowed books to the library E-X-A-C-T-L-Y on time and retrieving a reserved book there, which is now in danger of premature completion. This never happens, folks, not the timely return thing. I felt like a total celebrity walking in and out of the library with nary a dime of a fine. Why wasn't there confetti? Handsome is worried my lack of fines contribution may lead to downsizing. He asked if the main librarian is having to send her car back to the dealership.
6. Surprise: Learning that my Dad reads my silly blog.
7. Avoidance: Delaying a dreaded dentist appointment. Again. I am joyful over this.
8. Birthday Week: Firming up R-E-A-L-L-Y F-U-N plans for Handsome's birthday which is in exactly two days. We do full birthday weeks around here, so we have much celebration pending. He is a great guy who deserves great things, more than I can provide. He is my dream come true, and I wish him the happiest, funnest, most relaxing and exciting birthday week ever!
Big *Thank You* to Bohemian Twilight for having this in place.
Knowing the Friday link-up was fast approaching had to have helped with the fog.
Happy Weekend Everyone!