Saturday, March 24, 2012

Short & Sweet

   Today is beekeeping class you guys. Did anyone remember? I woke up in the dark with that Christmas morning conviction, that bewilderment that no one else as awake yet!
   
   I am drinking large amounts of coffee and wearing a little too much mascara. I am also wearing a necklace which I believe will enhance my beekeeping skills; Handsome thinks it could cause the bees to attack me. Oh, he just magic-markered a cute little bee on my shoulder (so that I have the creature's totem powers in class today). And I am so excited that my friend Tracy is joining me!



   Thank you a ton for stopping in at the Lazy W this morning... I have things to say to each of you who has commented recently, and I have more stories to share too (about the Wreck, about the spring chicks that are trying to hatch and the gardens, about Oklahoma, about smart energy...). We have a full weekend ahead of us here.  I hope you all enjoy this gorgeous Saturday, where ever you are and what ever is on your plate!  

  It's time for me to scoot. I have a little drive ahead of me and lots of bee things to learn! Wait, should I wear my dirty rubber boots, or clean tennis shoes?

Bzzz...
xoxoxo


8 comments:

  1. Bzzzzz - I hope you had a ton of fun today. I spent the day at the year-end curling tournament and WE WON!!! I woke up this morning with the same excitement. Now it's time to relax, take a bath and pour myself a glass of wine before dinner.

    Have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool!! You are the only real person I now who plays curling! LOL Awesome. I hope you had the loveliest weekend ever...xo

      Delete
  2. Cute bee on the shoulder. You are brave to do beekeeping class! I'm allergic (swell up badly), so as interesting and fascinating as a class sounds, I'd never be able to get close enough to a hive.

    I hope you post some info about the experience. I'd love to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriella! Thanks for stopping in and for the retweets... : )

      I am not brave...just lucky to not be allergic to bees I guess! LOL This is so exciting and such a natural progression for our farm, I will definitely be sharing more info as we go along!

      Hey I just did a little browsing on your site and am very intrigued! Now I don't know if I should address Gabriella, Sasha, or Patrizia! LOL Very cool. Can't wit to find a read.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! How'd it go? A couple of my friends are beekeepers, and I'm very much in awe of them. We have a jar of their honey in our cupboard -- beautiful to look at; so, so yummy on buttered toast (ha! I'm salivating even just thinking about it) -- and I keep it there like a jar of gold.

    And cute bee totem. Did it help? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jar of gold indeed!! That is exactly how I think of it too. Even if we never sell it, just having it for our own warm toast and to share with friends will "bee" worth it! hahaha And yep, the bee totem did wonders. I feel destined for this. LOL!! Thanks for stopping in! :)

      Delete
  4. You might be tat material yet. :-) I can't wait to hear about the class, please share that and those other thoughts you mentioned soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya think so? I could certainly do some bee henna... xoxo

      Delete

Hey thanks for commenting! I love hearing from people. It's the best. I have recently added word verification, a necessary annoyance. Have a wonderful day!

pinnable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...