Saturday, January 26, 2013

Beauty Everywhere

   This week has been equal parts hard work and sweet romance for us. My week days have been split between enjoying rare time with loved ones; caring for these silly animals and lazily monitoring the llama drama; substitute teaching at some local schools; and reading. Also I have had the chance to browse some cool and unusual shops lately, like this one...



   My work is busy, satisfying, and fun. Handsome is working harder than three men every single day, and I could not be prouder of him. If only Oklahoma knew how much effort and expertise goes into turning on our lights an heating our homes. Wow.

   In most ways the hours certainly pass too quickly. Particularly the sunlit ones. Around the Lazy W we are very excited for springtime!

   A few nights ago Handsome and I, fighting the contagious germs all around us, succumbed to a mutual craving for all things comforting and made nachos for dinner then gave ourselves a two-person slumber party in the downstairs Green Room. 

Side Note: 
Our Lazy W "Green Room"has nothing to do with staging for television shows.
It's just where we watch television and play games. It's like a den. 
Or, if you're Heather in Canada, a "snug."  
But it is green. I mean, the walls are green. Everything else is normal.
I mean, green is normal, but you know what I mean.

   Despite being certified grown ups, we slept on the Green Room floor between a thousand layers of blankets and surrounded by ten thousand different pillows  We might as well have made a sheet fort, really. Then very early the next morning we rose an hour and a half before the sun did and carried hot, perfect coffee outside. We soaked up a nearly silent Hot Tub Summit. The farm, seemingly the entire world, was asleep and ignoring our hushed exchange. Handsome and I braided together our hopes and plans. We talked about his career and my book club. We worried about our parents a little, though we know worry is a mistake. And we built up our defenses against the coming day.

   We have had time for a few projects lately, including this little diddy whereby we have immortalized our most beloved cities on a bunch of reclaimed wood...



   I'll try to tell some of these stories eventually.

  When I relay our excitement for springtime, I mean it in every sense. I am chomping at the nest-feathering bit to get some extra pretty things accomplished around here!! From deep cleaning to sewing and from decorating to gardening, my project list is growing by the minute. Pinterest can't even keep up.

   Here are a few things I've seen with my own two eyes lately, projects that are DAYS away from becoming part of our own home:

   I adore this eclectic plate display... Notice how it includes both fancy and plain castoffs. Just like the best parties.



   This mixed-up style of container gardening has me enraptured. I love the formal, clipped miniature tree surrounded by a collar of that free-form spilling flower, perhaps allysum. So pretty. Add white lights, and it's elevated to gorgeous! 



   Also, this used book store which specializes (magically so) in COOKBOOKS has me ridiculously inspired to add even more sparkle and color to our nest. It also reminds me that collections can be out and on display. More white lights too!!



   There's so much to do you guys. I crave to see things as beautifully as I feel them. Which is very. I intend to use these glorious little swells of time and energy to make stuff happen all around me.

   What about you? What are you reading? How are you spending your time? What projects do you have up your sleeve, and which ones do you barely dare dream about?

  


   Hope your weekend is grand! As I hit "publish" Handsome and I are aimed happily at meeting my dear ol' Dad, little brother Phil, and Uncle Chris for dinner in the city. One of several fun, loving events we've enjoyed this weekend!

"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
We must carry it with us or we find it not."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
xoxoxoxo

pinnable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...