Sunday, January 22, 2012

Eyewitness of His Majesty (Small Stone January 22)

   Sitting on a hard pew, sliding around on the polished wooden planks because of my polyester dress and winter tights, shivering from the cold air, I look forward and blink. I am listening to the scriptures passively at first, gliding thoughtlessly through our Sunday morning routine with little effort. 

   Until the speaker's eyes change. His brow furrows and his voice follows suit, revealing light that is about to break through. And then it does.

   Long wrestled questions are calmly and brightly put to bed in my heart with a great, silent swoop. 

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables,
when we made known unto you 
the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
but were eyewitnesses of his majesty."
~II Peter 1:16

   I have myself been an eyewitness to the physical healing of my own children and in this moment am recharged to believe again in the promise of new miracles.

   How could I have grown so comfortable in my lack of vision?

3 comments:

  1. One of the occupational hazards, I think, of being human, is becoming comfortable in lack. I believe much of the discomfort of life comes from challenging lack in any way.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. because we do. In everything. Our comfort zone is where we hide. There is no growth, no change, but having gone through the hurdles that allow for growth, and having gone through the fluctuations brought on by change, it is nice to huddle up there from time to time and just be blind to absolutely everything.

    But we always come back out. Either by force, a small memo from the universe, or by choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! We all need these reminders!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for commenting! I love hearing from people. It's the best. I have recently added word verification, a necessary annoyance. Have a wonderful day!

pinnable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...