Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Still Morning (Small Stone January 10th)

   At 6:38 this morning we creep outside for another Hot Tub Summit. The moon still rests high on her nighttime throne, gloriously full, casting brilliant silver light all over the hills and valleys and fields. I cannot detect the slightest breeze, no movement anywhere. Even the geese are quiet. The farm is still asleep.

   Oak, blackjack, red bud, and pine trees stretch their perfect, inky silhouettes out against the sky while we soak in the scalding water and unwind ourselves from the night.
   
   When the time finally comes to abandon the quiet, to begin a new day, that smooth gray canopy above us has clicked over to a deep shade of blue. The moon is politely receding into the western sky. And the guineas have started their morning song.


6 comments:

  1. what a wonderful way to start the day - Hot Tub summitting, planning your day as the world awakens. Lovely image in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, I think I need a hot tub now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your descriptive narratives. Bless you ~ Red Dirt Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking me to this lovely place this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has to be the most perfect way to start the day! Unwind from the night - love it! I hopped over and read your Hot Tub Summit post, and it sounds divine! Can you believe it, I never thought of having a hot bath in the morning, it's always just a shower, but this idea is brilliant! We've been without a bath tub for a while, but in approx. 10 days we're having a new one installed, and even if it's inside, you can be sure I'll be having morning baths to unwind from the night. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very inspirational and wonderfully written. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks for commenting! I love hearing from people. It's the best. I have recently added word verification, a necessary annoyance. Have a wonderful day!

pinnable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...